Author Topic: Nominations open for Memphis SPorts Hall of Fame  (Read 480 times)

Offline NeverTrustaMidget

• All Memphis Sports Forum
Nominations open for Memphis SPorts Hall of Fame
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »
Nomination for the inaugural class in the Memphis Sports Hall of Fame is now open. Anyone who is a current or former resident of Memphis may nominate one person annually using the official nomination form. The nomination will remain active for 5 years.

Since nominations will heavily lean toward the stick and ball sports I strongly suggest those who wish to nominate someone to the new Memphis Sports Hall of Fame limit ourselves to one of two candidates so we do not dilute our position. My recommendations would be Raymond Godman and Clarence "Hooker" Hood. Both played a major factor in the history of Memphis motorsports and are Members of their sports National Hall of Fame.

To us, in the motorsports community, all our heroes in our minds belong in some form of Hall of Fame. But fans of other sports feel the same about every star in their community. Motorsports is not as widely followed in the mainstream sports media as the others. So we are fighting an uphill battle from the start. So we must concentrate our efforts in a unified effort. In order to do that we must focus mainly on the most influential members of our community. I do believe the two names I suggested are the two most influential names in their particular forms of motorsports in Memphis history.

The application can be found at

http://www.memphistravel.com.dev1.milesmediagroup.com/sports-council/nomination

Offline NeverTrustaMidget

• All Memphis Sports Forum
Re: Nominations open for Memphis SPorts Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 06:16:37 PM »
Submitted the name of Raymond Godman for induction. Included as much information as was publically available. If anyone has any information which is not widely know that would benefit his chances to be included in the inaugural class please submitted it to the Hall of Fame.