Author Topic: Thank you from the family of Jerry Williford  (Read 93 times)

Offline TRWMotorsports

• Industry Observer
Thank you from the family of Jerry Williford
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
Hey MSR family,
Just wanted to send a note of thanks for all who have called, texted and sent social media messages after my dad, Jerry, died on Sept 14, 2017.

Dad fought a tough fight against esophageal (throat) cancer.

He crossed life's finish line in style; sideways, out of control and damn near on fire. Proverbially, not literally.

For those who want to help celebrate a racers life, the family is having his memorial service at Love and Truth Church, South Campus, 26 Edwards Dr, Jackson, TN 38301 on Saturday, Sept 30, 2017.
Visitation at 1 pm, Memorial Service at 2 pm.

Dad would have wanted you to bring your street rods and hot rods to a special event like this. The weather appears to cooperate so please bring your special cars to this special event to commemorate my father.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that honorariums be made to a charity that supports racers, Racers for Christ. Racers for Christ helps bring a comforting word or moment to those of us in a sport that can take us at anytime. Dad believed in the mission of RFC. Memorials can be made here. http://teamrfc.org/

This photo is from a very special night. When the PDRA came to Memphis in 2014, Dad wanted to go. So I gathered him, his half-sister, my son and son's girlfriend and we headed to Memphis. After introducing myself to Al Tucci, the then voice of the PDRA, Al asked if I wanted to do some color commentary. Well some of you know, I've never met a microphone I didn't like, so I jumped at the chance. The greatest motorsports professional thrill I ever had happened that night as my father and son were both in the tower. I got to tell them both I loved them over the PA, with about 5,000 people listening in. Dad and Son were both proud and said I sounded like a professional announcer. That was the only time that Dad ever heard me on the announce mic and it brings a happy tear of joy knowing my Dad was proud of me. (Photo courtesy of Roger Richards)

In closing, please come out and help us celebrate his life.

And when we're done, leave a black burn out mark on Hwy 45 for Dad.
He wouldn't have it any other way!

With happy tears,

Glynn

Offline jimmy smith

Re: Thank you from the family of Jerry Williford
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:21:20 PM »
Very GOOD Glynn. Later J.Smith 4621 racing :th
Later...JSmith 4621 Racing