Author Topic: Mod Stock future  (Read 1115 times)

Offline bigpullerman

• 83 Mustang 302 98 Ranger 302
Mod Stock future
« on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:15 PM »
I talked to Wayne this morning about the future of the class and he assured me that we will be running the class as long as we have cars to run it. Now with that being said we may not be the special of the night if we don't start having more cars run in it but we will be running it just the same. I really hope that anyone who has thought about building and racing in this class will come on out and race with us. Don't be afraid that this class is going away. This is old school racing where you tune with wrenches. I think we have a good set of rules that are fair to everyone and I don't see any changes in the rules. I have put a lot of $$$$$ into this class and have a lot invested in it so I don't want to see it go away. I have been just a class filler since the class started so you should know that I believe in this class wholeheartedly. I believe in it so much that the next race that we have 8 or more cars run it I will put up $200 to win for the class.
Just looking for a win light in my lane.

Offline amcelroy32

• I like the wheels in the air!
Re: Mod Stock future
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
And with 8 cars there will be a second chance race. :th

Offline bigpullerman

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 04:52:47 PM »
Yes Sir, that right.

Offline bigpullerman

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »
I have been talking to several people around here about the class and how people race now compared to how it was done years ago. Dwight Cox is one that I have been talking to about racing in general. Anyone who knows the history of class racing in Arkansas and the mid south knows who he is. We all agree that not many try to race like it was done back in the day where you had to make or modify just about everything that went into your race car. Now days you can just go out and buy whatever it is that you need if you have enough $$$$$$$ Not many people port heads any more either. Now I know that there are some out there but it is not nearly as many as years ago cause you can buy heads to flow what ever # you want them to. Now all the nos or boosted guys get their power by dialing the laptop up to where ever they want it. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what those guys do and they are able to run some big numbers doing that. I just mention that to show the contrast to what our class is about. Our class is a head porters class. Our class is a throw back to the modified production classes of the 70s and I would say it is one of the more affordable heads up classes out there. One other thing our class does is the second chance race for all that lost the first round. But we need at least 6 to enter so we can have the second chance race. We spin the wheel to pair up in the second chance race also. One other thing is $15 of the $40 entry fee goes to the second chance race too for the payout. It's not a lot but it is another chance to race and win a little something. Out next race is July 1st and I hope we have a big turnout for the class.

Offline bigpullerman

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:20:05 AM »
I Talked to Wayne this week about the record in Mod Stock and it is different than it was before the new weight rules. It is listed at 6.45 @ 105 but that was at 2800 lbs. There will be a new record for the class at the new weight and engine combo and that will be in the 6.70s range as best as I can remember. The class has got a lot closer since the new weight rules and I think that it is a good rule package that is fair to all. My offer is still up for $200 more to the winner if there are 8 or more cars entered. If we can get at least 6 then we will have a second chance race and I will put some $$$$ up for that race also. Spread the word and tell everyone about our fb page and lets get some interest going here.

Offline moe

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 04:41:04 PM »
Hey Buddy. I got $500 more dollars to go with your $200 if you get those eight cars.  Good luck with it I'm pullin for you.

Offline bigpullerman

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 07:18:25 AM »
Thanks Moe!!!!! I really appreciate that. Thank You for supporting the class.

Offline amcelroy32

• I like the wheels in the air!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 10:29:10 PM »
 :th :th

Offline bigpullerman

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »
How about a Roll call as to who all is running this class or is building something for this class. I will go first.
Buddy R Hill 83 Mustang

Offline bigpullerman

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »
Who all is going to be at the Mod Stock Race this Sat?