Author Topic: 1990 gmc sierra  (Read 3253 times)

Offline hardhat_41870

1990 gmc sierra
« on: December 22, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »
ok folks i got a 1990 gmc wanting to get more power out of it it got a stage 2 chip is there any other thing i can do to it up grade the computer or dyno tune any help would be gratley app thanks

Offline grumpy

• Cloyce Kemp
Re: 1990 gmc sierra
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »
HARDHAT, THE FIRST THING I WANT TO SAY IS WELCOME TO THE GROUP.THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE ON HERE AND THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH INFORMATION IF THEY CAN.I ALSO HAVE A 91 GMC LWB THAT I FOOT BREAK SOME,AND IT HAS BEEN AN UP HILL BATTLE,BUT I'M WINNING.I HAVE INSTALLED SHORTY HEADERS,A GOOD IGNITION,BUT I DID HAVE A FRESH ENGINE TOO.I CALLED SUMMIT RACING GOT A JET STAGE2 CHIP,I ALSO TOOK THE STOCK AIR CLRANER HOUSING AND TOOK ALL THE JUNK OUT OF THE NECK,THE HOLE WHERE THE HEAT TUBE WAS I BLOCKED THE HOLE OFF SO IT COULD GET COLD FRESH AIR WITH A K@N AIR FILTER FOR TTHE STOCK HOUSEING.I ALL SO USED A160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT,THEN I INSTALLED THE STOCK Y-PIPE TO THE HEADERS I USED 3INCH PIPE BACK TO THE FLOMASTER MUFFLER 1 IN 2OUT WITH 2 1/4 TAIL PIPES.NOW I STARTED HAVEING TROUBLE SPINNING BAD ,I THEN INSTALLED LAKEWOOD TRACTION BARS FOR A TRUCK THEY HELPED SOME BUT I STILL HAD TO FEATHER IT OUT OF THE HOLE.SO THIS SPRING I'M GOING TO M/T DRAG RADIALS ,ELECTRIC FAN,SHIFT KIT.AND I'M STILL RUNNIN THE FACTORY T-B WITH GOOD RESULTS.HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT!!!!!! GRUMPY
HOTROD TRUCKS ARE COOL!!AN DRAG-RADIAIALS HOOK