Author Topic: Next outlaw Drag and True radial race??????  (Read 14094 times)

Offline STANLEYSTICKLER

Re: Next outlaw Drag and True radial race??????
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 07:05:56 AM »
What about the 16th?  Brainerd is the 8th, and Valdosta is 22-23rd.

Outlaw Race at Bradenton- Oct. 15-17 This is the one I was talkin about! My bad.

Offline titanreb

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 07:51:55 AM »
 First weekend of November!!!!!! [L] [L] [L] :bd
Cant never could, wont never will.

Offline titanreb

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 07:58:43 AM »
Same rules sound good for Jackson.  What are we gonna do about that Time Out penalty?  Reset it?  Start over?  Carry over penalty from Holly Springs race?

Thats a good question!! After all the fuss about the rules they had a great turnout. I say just leave it the way it is, but my opinion and a quarter might get you a cup of coffee. [L] [L] All i know is we need one more Outlaw DR275 and true street race to set the tone for next year and lets hope the tone will be a good one. :D

I vote to run the True 10.5 (Sikeston/Ozark rules) race as well as this Affordable Street class in Jackson.  The Outlaw cars should be on True 10.5's anyways.  They had a decent turn-out for it at HS.  That was with what, a weeks notice?  Make it Mid Oct, after the next one at HS.  Payout decent and you will definitely have a good turnout.  Add in the Freak Show True Radial.   Make it a year end blowout race and LET EM HANG BROTHER!!!!!

X2 :D ;D

Offline shturner1975

• SBF out.....BBF coming soon
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »
What's different about affordable 275 than outlaw 275?

Here are the rules for affordable street,

Small blocks , 3000 lbs, 1 kit ,28X10.5 no w's ,or 275 DR.
Small block ,TURBO,85mm (or mid frame 88),3250 lbs ,
Small block , pro charger, F1 only , 3250 lbs
Big Block , 3250 lbs, 1 kit, 23' heads only , no olds,pontiacs,big duke or big chief(*), no cu inch limit
We will have tech at each race.
IF you run 5.29 or faster you will have to add 100#s next race.

per jabbo, copied off of midsouthracers.com

(*)there were 2 cars at HS with unconventional BB heads and got to run anyways!!!!
If I had to change anything, it would be this.......
SB unconventional-3250 lbs
BB unconventional-3400 lbs
Let em all run if you have a e.t. penalty!!!!!!!!

Offline radracer43

• Boost > Cubes
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
Ok, so the affordable street class has grown to include 275's and true 10.5's. I thought it was just true 10.5's still. Thanks.
Deep stage = red light at Holly Springs KOS 2009

Offline racurass

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 11:15:19 PM »
What's different about affordable 275 than outlaw 275?

(*)there were 2 cars at HS with unconventional BB heads and got to run anyways!!!!

is this fact or speculation? most of the cars that where there the other night have been around for the past couple years and i can't remember any of them being non conventional. that and the ones that i hadn't seen before where pretty much out of towners, who would have drove 3-4+ hrs knowing they could get turned around at the gate?? i was busy the other night trying to keep up with kids and help robert, but if someone knew anything about it then why was it not brought up? i'd like to see good car count and all but the rules are rules and need to be firm.

so who was it? :o

Offline shturner1975

• Find me on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 01:36:35 AM »
I had heard this from another racer (that wasn't competing, but was scoping out the competition and their combinations).  He happens to have an unconventional headed big block, and he spotted 2 entrants that were in fact running either Big Chiefs or Big Dukes.  I didn't see but one of them, and it wasn't like he was a contender anyways.  I didn't really think anything about it until a couple of days after the race. 

I say let em run, at 3400 lbs.  I also say run un-conventional SB at 3200 lbs.  Thats the only change that I feel needs to be changed.

Offline racurass

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 10:31:58 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5IMloKMY8

not saying that someone hasn't changed combo's since this video but there is a look at a few of the big block cars that were at holly. the red camaro i got a look at last night, and the only one that leaves out that i know of i have sent a pm to on the bullet, but i was actually asked to look at that car last year at moulton and i'm about 95% assured it was conventional then. i will report my findings.  [dunno]

matter of fact check this out. his user name on there is ez69.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4531369#post4531369

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:52:25 AM by racurass »

Offline racurass

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »
Just got off the phone with the guy that has the black 69 camaro from tn. He said he'd love for someone to buy him a set of big chiefs but for the time being he's just gonna keep running his old brodix 2x heads. That was the only car that I didn't have first hand knowledge of so I asked. He said he had a car show on the second but if he could get away in time he would be there and anyone that has anydoubts could come look for themselves. So if I missed one let me know who it was and I'll make the phone call and we will find out.

Offline djchinault

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
Ya'll keep me so confused on who is in what class :o [dunno]
LIFE DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THIS!

Offline racurass

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 08:55:03 PM »
Ya'll keep me so confused on who is in what class :o [dunno]

Dj the confusing parts is knowing what classes are at what track. Maybe everyone wil get on board and we will get a couple tracks with similar rules that are fair and we will have good turn outs all next year.

Offline titanreb

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 07:35:33 AM »
 If im not mistaking i think Stanley once reccomended that we just run the Sikeston and Ozark rules. Seems fair to me. The 275 rules are very similar to affordable street and they also have a limited street for them big boys to play in. Jax and HS should fall in line with these rules next year so we can be compatible with other tracks and we arent all bickering. We can load up any given weekend and leave out not worrying whether or not we comply. :D

Offline djchinault

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »
OK soooooooooo, Affordable Street, True 10.5 and 275 are 3 different classes? or do they all overlap each other and you can run in any of them or.... [dunno] Now last year the limited street that ran with the big 10.5 boys...that was a wild class. Would those rules be the same as ORSCA rules?
LIFE DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THIS!

Offline shturner1975

• Find me on Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »
Just got off the phone with the guy that has the black 69 camaro from tn. He said he'd love for someone to buy him a set of big chiefs but for the time being he's just gonna keep running his old brodix 2x heads. That was the only car that I didn't have first hand knowledge of so I asked. He said he had a car show on the second but if he could get away in time he would be there and anyone that has anydoubts could come look for themselves. So if I missed one let me know who it was and I'll make the phone call and we will find out.

Call Crowden, he is the one that noticed them!

Offline timburks

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »
is there a way that over the winter months that the track owners could get together and come up with comon rules? maybe tracks within a certian mile radius.