Author Topic: 2010 tipton co. street car shoot out Sept. 25!!!!  (Read 29094 times)

Offline radracer43

• Boost > Cubes
Re: 2010 tipton co. street car shoot out september 11
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 10:46:24 PM »
Block still at the machinist for one. Really gonna be under the gun if I get it back next week to try getting it together. Guess I'm sittin on my thumbs as far as getting new gaskets. Waiting on word from the machinist if the crank needs turning, it has some small scratches on it, but was probably from the last time I took it all apart from chewing up 9 lobes on the cam. Rings still gotta get filed.

To top it off I don't even have any bolts to put the dang thing on my engine stand [L] [dunno] :-* ...
Deep stage = red light at Holly Springs KOS 2009

Offline nova007

• KING OF THE STREET 2013
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »
The 2010 Tipton County King of the Street Race will be held on Sept 25 at Jackson Dragway.

Rules:
Will stay the same as previous years.   I will dig those up later and post up in this thread.

There will be two classes ("Long Haul Class" and the "KOTS Class") The only difference between the two will be the length of the drive:

The Long Haul Class will still run by all the same rules as previous years, and will be required to drive from Ted's Glass in Covington to the Jackson Dragway.
This class will meet at Ted's Glass at 12:00 noon, at that time you will pay a $30 entry fee and will need to provide a valid Tipton County drivers license, proof of insurance, and valid tipton registration for your car.  The cruise will leave Ted's at 2:00 pm sharp, if you are late and do not get tech'ed in before Gary K. leaves with the cruise you will not be able to run in the "Long Haul" class, if you get to the track before the "Short haul cruise you will still be able to run with them if you want.  You will be required to pay an addition $10 entry fee at the track that is not included in the $30 race entry fee.  Entry fees are non-refundable, if you pay the entry and break on the cruise and cannot race you will not get a refund.  Also obviously any car not able to complete the cruise under its own power will not be allowed to race.

This class will payback 100% of the entry fees and there will be no trophy awarded for this class. 

KOTS class:

This is the traditional King of The Street class.  It will follow all the rules from previous years.  You will be required to arrive at the track at gate opening.  You will need to pay $10 entry fee into the track and $30 entry to race.  As usual you will need to provide proof of insurance, a valid Tipton drivers license, and a valid Tipton registration.  This class will be subject to a short cruise from the track , distance is yet to be determined but will mostly likely be 10 miles. 

This class will payback 100% of the entry fees and the King of The Street trophy will be awarded to the winner of this class. 

Gary K.  has also mentioned that he wants to put up $100 of his own money for a special race between the winners of the two classes. 
What he wants to do is take the two winners fastest passes and have the tower setup a bracket tree with their dial ins being their fastest passes from the race.  First one to the line wins.  I'll let him explain this further if its not clear.

I think I have covered everything Gary wanted me to, if I've missed something or there are questions post up here and Gary can respond.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:17:00 PM by nova007 »

Offline BLUEBLOOD

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
thanks 007

Offline nova007

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 10:20:46 PM »
 :D

Offline Tyler Crossnoe

• Outlaw Street Car Reunion
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »
Is this still going on September 11th? Will there also be bracket racing that night?
RaceOSCR.com - The Midsouth's Largest Radial Race!

Offline yell69

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
Is this still going on September 11th? Will there also be bracket racing that night?
yes and yes

Offline scottie_corbin

• coming soon 565
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »
i am coming  :D :D :D
coming soon 565

Offline Tyler Crossnoe

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
Sounds good, I'll get a flyer up soon. Got any sponsors??

Offline yell69

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 10:48:17 PM »
TED'S GLASS CO, FOWLER'S PERFORMANCE, MIDSOUTHRACERS.COM, TIPTONRACESCENCE.COM, WORLD WIDE ART STUIDOS
CORNWELL TOOLS, STITCH N TIME THERE ARE A FEW MORE WILL HAVE TO POST THEM LATER.
                                                                                                                                     THANKS

Offline Tyler Crossnoe

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »
TED'S GLASS CO, FOWLER'S PERFORMANCE, MIDSOUTHRACERS.COM, TIPTONRACESCENCE.COM, WORLD WIDE ART STUIDOS
CORNWELL TOOLS, STITCH N TIME THERE ARE A FEW MORE WILL HAVE TO POST THEM LATER.
                                                                                                                                     THANKS
Gotcha. Thanks yell69. I will try to make a flyer tomorrow!  :D

Offline nova007

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:16 PM »
time to get the race on...you ready radracer???

Offline radracer43

• Boost > Cubes
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 10:50:53 PM »
Don't look like I'm gonna make it. I just have a bare block on the stand right now. Waiting on bearings and such to come in. Probably won't be able to check all clearances, put the motor together and get it in the truck in 2 days with enough time leftover to test it for an hour or so before heading out. I will be out before this season is over though for some grudge racing.  :D
Deep stage = red light at Holly Springs KOS 2009

Offline chevyrcr

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
Don't look like I'm gonna make it. I just have a bare block on the stand right now. Waiting on bearings and such to come in. Probably won't be able to check all clearances, put the motor together and get it in the truck in 2 days with enough time leftover to test it for an hour or so before heading out. I will be out before this season is over though for some grudge racing.  :D

Don't know if I'm going to make it either,  had all sorts of bad luck with the car the last few days. :-\
92' GT
85' Coupe  65' Chevy C10

Offline malivelle

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 04:14:12 PM »
Is there going to be regular bracket racing on this night as well?

Offline Tyler Crossnoe

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »
Is there going to be regular bracket racing on this night as well?
Yes  :D